Around this time of year you will find yourself opening the windows and airing out your home with a nice fall breeze. When opening your windows, it may leave areas of your home vulnerable to dirt and debris build up, specifically on your blinds. Here are some tips to help you clean your blinds and help keep them looking beautiful!
- Use a rubber sponge for plastic blinds: also known as a dry sponge (found at hardware and paint stores), to remove dust and residue from both fabric and vinyl blinds. Simply wipe the dry sponge firmly across the blinds.
- Spot the Spot: For spot cleaning, spray an all-purpose cleaner onto a clean dry cloth and wipe the soiled area of the blind.
- Vacuums in the air: Use the brush attachment and vacuum across slots, not up and down to prevent breaking them.
- For wood blinds: Take a wool duster to them first, then slightly wet wipe them. Do not soak them. This could ruin the natural wood material.
- For metal and vinyl blinds: Use dish wash soap and warm water.
- For fabric blinds: If they become too dirty to clean you can take them to a dry cleaner.
To learn more about Markatos Services and our cleaning tips visit: http://markatosservices.com/Residential_Cleaning.php