Even home appliances like your dishwasher may need to be cleaned. While certianly not a daily task, cleaning your dishwasher regularly can keep it in good working order.
The American Cleaning Institute offers these steps for cleaning your dishwasher:
- Read the manufacture’s use and care manual for cleaning recommendations. If you have lost the manual, contact the manufacturer.
- Scrub the rubber gasket with a toothbrush and wipe the residual crumbs off with a damp cloth.
- Pull out the racks and check the drain. Be sure to remove any objects that may block the drain.
- You can place a dishwasher-safe cup filled with plain white vinegar on the top rack of the dishwasher and run the dishwasher to remove unpleasant odors.
- Use a soft cleanser or baking soda to scrub away any remaining stains.
- There are also appliance cleaners available to consumers who don’t want to do it alone. Be sure to read the product label prior to use.
Featured article brought to you by: American Cleaning Institute