1. Rubber Gloves: For removing pet hair from upholstery in your house and car an easy method is to use a rubber glove. Gloves with a raised grip work better. Put the glove on and run it under the tap to make it wet then shake off excess moisture. Run your fingers over the pet hair areas in short scraping strokes. You will find that the hair is easily removed and it is especially easy to get into nooks and crannies and areas down the back of your sofa.
2. Damp Sponge: You can also use a dampened sponge. Rub the sponge in a downward motion over your chairs, cushions and car upholstery.
3. Lint Roller: Pet stores carry specially made tools for removing hair including rubber rakes, hair removal sponges and pet hair magnets. Pet hair rollers are another solution. They are a small hand held roller which come supplied with disposable perforated sheets of sticky paper. The idea is to roll the pet roller over the area of pet hair and the hair sticks to the sticky paper.
4. Duct Tape: A similar method of removing dog and cat hair is to wrap packing or duct tape around your hand, sticky side facing out and pat this over the furniture or car seats.
5. Dryer Sheet: Rub a clothes-dryer fabric-softener sheet over the pet hair. The softener in the sheet makes it easy to pick up the hair.
6. Lint Brush: A lint brush (pictured right) brushed one way only over fabrics is also useful for removing dog hair.
Learn about Markatos Services Inc.; a pet friendly cleaning service located in Wilmington, DE.